If you’re looking for a strong screw anchor for fixing cracked and uncracked concrete and masonry that offers low installation torque and excellent performance, then you’ll want to consider the Titen HD® Steel Screw Anchor. The carbon steel version has been specifically designed and tested for dry, interior or temporary outdoor applications where environmental conditions are non-corrosive. The anchor also qualifies for static and seismic loading location.
The carbon steel screw is heat treated to assure tip hardness for better cutting through concrete or masonry. It also features a hex washer head for cleaner installations. Separate washers are not required unless specifically mandated by code.
There is also a stainless steel version that can handle multiple environments that include wet conditions saltwater or chemicals that can cause corrosion. The moisture will not affect the anchor because of corrosion resistant properties. The tips of the cutting element of the anchor are serrated so that the threads intermesh with the concrete for a strong, secure hold.
The stainless steel version of the product features type 316 or type 304 grades. The stainless steel threads have the undercutting capability of heat-treated carbon-steel, so it won’t rust.
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 and ACI 355.2 for cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES ESR-2713
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC106 for masonry per ICC-ES ESR-1056
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Standard fractional sizes
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness for better cutting without compromising the ductility
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Testing shows the Titen HD installs in concrete with 50% less torque than competitor anchors
- Hex-washer head requires no separate washer, unless required by code, and provides a clean installed appearance
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring (e.g., formwork, bracing) or applications where fixtures may need to be moved
- Reuse of the anchor to achieve listed load values is not recommended